WEBINAR - FREE: A Look at Opioid Prescribing in Maine Following Two Years of Experience with Chapter 488Date: October 23, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Webinar - Open for Registration!
A Look at Opioid Prescribing in Maine Following Two Years of Experience with Chapter 488
Presented by Gordon H. Smith, Esq.
Hosted by AdCare Educational Institute of Maine
This webinar is intended to address the opioid-specific education requirements under Maine Public Law Chapter 488. At the end of this webinar, participants will have an understanding of the Maine laws and administrative rules pertaining to the prescription of controlled substances and how they relate to their daily practice. The webinar will identify strategies, best practices, and resources for complying with the requirements of these laws.
- Participants will have an increased understanding of the current status of Maine's opioid epidemic.
- Participants will be able to define the Maine PL Chapter 488 and associated rules, including Chapter 21 from the licensing board.
- Participants will be able to describe the current status of legislative activity pertaining to the prescription of controlled substances.
- Participants will be able to define challenges and successes identified around implementation of the law and regulations.
- Participants will be able to define competency in safe opioid prescribing within their practice setting and gain knowledge of practical tools, resources, and strategies for compliance.
The target audience for this live webinar includes all Maine clinicians, Behavioral Health Professionals, Substance Use Disorder Professionals, and other Health Care professionals.
October 23, 2018
Time: 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Format: Webinar - GoToMeeting
No Fee to Attend.
Continuing Education is available for continuing medical education, opioid medication education credits, alcohol and drug counselors, certified addiction specialists, social workers, licensed counselors, and general education.
Click Here For Complete Details and To Register
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation requirements and policies of Maine Medical Association through the joint providership of University of New England and Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention, DHHS & Division of Disease Surveillance. UNE COM is accredited by the Maine Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.