Calling all Family Medicine Residents - we need your input for content on this page - please contact Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas
Residents - "Getting the Most from your MAFP/AAFP Membership" (resources and benefits available to all Resident Members)
**Remember - Maine Residencies PAY your membership dues - make the most of it!
News from the National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students:
AAFP's 2016 National Congress of Family Medicine Residents considered a record 66 resolutions on diverse issues such as dementia, contraceptives and osteopathic training sites. Residents voted to request the creation of resources on the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act, including lectures at future conferences.
New Family Medicine Resident Graduate?
Important highlights to get the most from your Chapter & AAFP membership:
Most Important for Graduating Residents to New Physician:
- AAFP automatically updates you to Active Membership Status
- Remember to update your address and contact information at www.aafp.org/membership
- Remember to update your License information when you get the new one
- Report CME credits for January of your graduation year onward - counts towards your first membership re-election cycle
- 1st year dues are Discounted 50%!
- Remember that now you are an Active member, you are responsible for being sure that your dues are paid by the deadline (you will receive the invoice and need follow-up with your employer if they are covering the cost)
- If you move to another state, the AAFP will transfer your Chapter affiliation when you update your address and contact information
Attention Residents & Students - Research Poster Session
Resident & Medical Student Poster Session/Competition:
**Abstract Deadline December 15, 2016**
Announcement & Guidelines Application Form
Important FAQs & Deadlines:
Application Form and Abstract due date: December 15th, 2016
Announcement of finalists: February 1st, 2017
Presentation due date for finalists: April 1st, 2017
Conference dates: April 2017 - to-be-deterimined
All Family Medicine residents and third and fourth year medical students in the state of Maine are invited to participate
Works in Progress, Quality Improvement, Clinical Research, and Clinical Vignettes may be presented
Abstracts MUST be sent in by the December 15, 2016 deadline
Resident abstracts will be considered for the poster competition and oral presentation session
Participants MUST register for AND ATTEND the MAFP Family Medicine Update and be present to answer questions during designated display times (both Resident and Student registration fees are deeply discounted – registration available on line Jan. 30th)