May Health Awareness:
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Better Hearing and Speech Month
- Food Allergy Action Month
- Global Youth Traffic Safety Month
- Healthy Vision Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month ®
- Mental Health Month
- Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month
- Stroke Awareness Month
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
(information from www.healthfinder.gov )
North American Refugee Health Conference
The North American Refugee Health Conference (June 16 - 18, 2017 - Toronto, Canada) is recognized as the premier conference for those who work with refugee populations.
(Resource Page - prescribing, legislative issues, resources)
AAFP’s members-only Webcast: Zika Virus: Information for Family Physicians
ZIKA Outbreak - Updated Information for physicians
If you have news or know of a MAFP Member who is making news - Please contact the MAFP office. Use subject line "Member News"
~ 2017 ~
Physicians Day at the Maine Legislature -
More Information ~ REGISTER NOW
Write your Legislator to request a meeting while you are there - Customizable "form letter" to your Legislator (let your local legislator know you are going to be at the Capital on May 31st and would like to meet him/her)
Do You Perform DOT Exams?
Visit our NRCME Resource page for all the information you need to get trained, certified, and licensed.