AAFP Foundation partners with Heart To Heart International (HHI) & International Medical Corps (IMC) - they have been on the ground since these hurricanes struck.
Donations to the AAFP Foundation's designated for "Disaster Relief: 2017 Hurricane Season" will be distributed between these two organizations where the need is greatest.
Opioids In Maine - Deadline for E-Prescribing extended to August 1, 2017! To be clear, this grace period only applies to the e-prescribing mandate. Chapter 488 Law is still fully in effect. After the grace period, penalties for individuals who violate this section of the law will be enacted. If you need to apply for an e-Rx waiver, please visit the SAMHS PMP website to complete and submit your application:
"Human Trafficking in Maine: Human trafficking is an issue around the world, as well as here in Aroostook County" (WGME April 2017)
OCTOBER Health Awareness - Click on a title for Resources:
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Eye Injury Prevention Month
- Health Literacy Month
- Home Eye Safety Month
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- National Bullying Prevention Month
- National Dental Hygiene Month
- National Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- National Medical Librarians Month
- National Physical Therapy Month
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month
Information from healthfinder.gov
Resource Page - Prescribing, the Maine Law, Resources
Maine DHHS Health Alert Network (HAN) - sign up HERE for ZIKA Virus as well as other Health Updates
If you have news or know of a MAFP Member who is making news - Please contact the MAFP office. Use subject line "Member News"