May Health Awareness:
(information from www.healthfinder.gov )
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Food Allergy Action Month
- Healthy Vision Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection & Prevention Month ®
- Mental Health Month
- National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- National Osteoporosis Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
- Ultraviolet Awareness Month
Resource Page - Prescribing, the Maine Law, Resource
The EveryONE Project, developed by the AAFP's Center for Diversity and Health Equity, released a screening toolkit to help family physicians assess patients' social determinants of health. The toolkit contains an outline of a team-based approach to SDOH screening, questions for determining a patient's social needs, and resources and tools to help plan how to address deficiencies.
In this webcast, the AAFP leads a discussion on prescription drug pricing legislation across the states.
- Jane Horvath, Senior Policy Fellow at the National Academy of State Health Policy
- Anthony Wright, Executive Director of Health Access
- Bob Hall, AAFP Director of Government Affairs
Maine DHHS Health Alert Network (HAN) - sign up HERE for ZIKA Virus as well as other Health Updates
If you have news or know of a MAFP Member who is making news - Please contact the MAFP office. Use subject line "Member News"