May Health Awareness:
- Arthritis Awareness Month
- Better Hearing and Speech Month
- Food Allergy Action Month
- Global Youth Traffic Safety Month
- Healthy Vision Month
- Hepatitis Awareness Month
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month ®
- Mental Health Month
- Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
- Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month
- Stroke Awareness Month
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month
(information from www.healthfinder.gog)
Lyme Disease Awareness
Lyme disease is the most common vectorborne disease in Maine. Many cases are reported each year, and the number will rise as the weather continues to get warmer. Cases have been increasing each year in Maine, and occur in all 16 counties.
Other diseases that are carried by ticks in Maine include Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis and Powassan. Multiple cases of all of these tickbourne diseases have been reported here in Maine.
Family doctors provide ongoing, total health care for you and your family. Family doctors see all ages of patients and can treat almost any health problem. Family physicians are dedicated to treating the whole person.
Learn How HERE
(Resource Page - prescribing, legislative issues, resources)
Alternative Models of Care:
If you have news or know of a MAFP Member who is making news - Please contact the MAFP office. Use subject line "Member News"
Do You Perform DOT Exams?
Visit our NRCME Resource page for all the information you need to get trained, certified, and licensed.